Thursday, September 27, 2007

Everyday Essential #2: Uplifting Affirmations For Healthy Family and Children

Do you ever wonder how you can go through a whole day complaining about this thing and that thing and at the end of the day you are not feeling any better or maybe even worse? Let me tell you, I have had many days like that. I start out with waking up tired, sore and not at all ready to face the day, my kids or my responsibilities. Most of the time on those days I end up accomplishing nothing. I am stressed out and I can't wait to go back to bed. Not to mention my kids are more whiny, unhappy and stressed out themselves. There is absolutely no harmony in a day like that.

There is good news! We all have the power to change the tone and atmosphere around us simply with the words that proceed from our mouths. It is called or "words of life." We actually have within us the ability to speak words that either bring life or death to our daily life and to those around us. The bible speaks of this very thing. In the book of Proverbs you will find many metaphors in regards to the power of our words. Proverbs 18:21 says "Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." In other words whatever it is that we delight in speaking about that is what will begin to manifest in our lives. Proverbs 15:4 "The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit."

When we are speaking words of life, healing and encouragement everyone benefits, even you! As you begin to to think about the words you speak to your consider if they will tear them down or build them up. Ironically, when you speak words that uplift others they will also uplift you at the same time. Declaring life and uplifting affirmations begin to transform you by building up your spirit. In each of us there is life and amazing gifts that can be released by the very words that we speak.

Here are some "positive affirmations" or "words of life" you can declare everyday!
  • Today I speak life over myself and my family!
  • I am a life giver!
  • My children are full of joy and life today!
  • My family is a blessing!
  • Today I live with joy and I have joy!
Unfortunately we live in a world today where all you hear are words that tear down and destroy. You are the one who can make the difference!

-Barbara


No comments: